Corporate Social Responsibility
Our commitement as a Global Bank
Societe Generale’s CSR ambition is built on six key pillars, all integrated into our business and daily activities, with the objective to positively impact the transformation of the economy and society:
- Client Satisfaction and protection.
- Responsible employer
- Ethics and Governance We demand the highest standards of integrity to employees including the management of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) risks
- Commitment towards the Fight against climate change.
- Social innovations. We analyze new social trends to offer appropriate solutions. We support the development of sustainable cities, mobility and inclusion.
- Contribution to the Sustainable Development of Africa.
Our commitment also includes an active contribution to society through numerous initiatives around education, culture and sports.
For more information click here: https://www.societegenerale.com/en/measuring-our-performance/csr
Our contribution from Spain
In Spain, Societe Generale is committed to positively impact the development of our local communities. Our CSR plan aims to promote professional and social integration through several projects, mostly in the educational and sporting fields.
We integrate Corporate Social Responsibility into our culture as a clear demonstration of our values: Team Spirit, Commitment, Responsibility and Innovation.
Current Charity Partners
Societe Generale collaborates with several charity partners in Spain:
- Fundación ICEAS. We support the initiative "Pan Bendito, mirando al futuro con ilusión" which aims to support the social integration of isolated and vulnerable minors. The project intends to reduce minors’ unrest and disestablishment, improve their basic social skills, hygiene habits and social integration and prevent them from spending time in the streets and missing school. https://www.iceas.org/
- Acción Familiar. Societe Generale supports the initiative"La magia de aprender" which offers school tutoring, educational counselling and support to minors who live temporarily in residential centers. The project intends to fight against school failure to improve social and professional integration as well as emotional intelligence, communicational and social skills. https://accionfamiliar.org/
- Banco de Alimentos de Madrid. Societe Generale Madrid has been contributing to Madrid Foodbank’s projects since 2012 through a yearly donation. The organization aims at collecting food products to hand them out to people in need in Madrid. https://bamadrid.org/
Our employees collaborate in volunteer programs linked to the organizations supported by the Bank in the framework of education for social and professional inclusion. The main initiatives included:
- Training sessions on basic financial concepts
- Job search workshops
- Accompaniment and extracurricular training to fight against school failure
- Sports, cultural and educational awareness days with employees and their families to promote social integration
Fundación Integra, Norte Joven, Fundación Tomillo, Médicos del Mundo o Proyecto Hombre are some of the foundations we have collaborated with in recent years. Since 2009 we have also participated in workshops with Fundación Integra, Nuevo Horizonte, Fundación Adecco, Acción Familiar, Special Olympics or Food Bank, among others.
Societe Generale is committed to financial education through the program “Tus finanzas, tu futuro” developed by the Spanish Banking Association (Asociación Española de Banca - AEB) in collaboration with the Junior Achievement Foundation.
For 8 years in a row, AEB and its associated banks have been mobilizing volunteers to deliver financial education courses to young people aged between 13 and 15 years. The courses aim to raise awareness about savings and its importance, responsible consumption and responsible money management. https://www.aebanca.es/tus-finanzas-tu-futuro
We also invite you to check the CSR policy of our branch of ALD in Spain. https://www.aldautomotive.es/sobre-ald/responsabilidad-social-corporativa/informe-sostenibilidad-rsc