Societe Generale group
Serving our customers and the economy
Founded in 1864 to support the development of trade and industry, Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a diversified & balanced banking model, the Group combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth. Our objective: to be the leading relationship-focused bank, a reference in its markets, close to its clients and chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
Present in 66* countries and benefiting from a solid foundation in Europe and in high-potential regions across the globe, the 145,000* employees of the Group and its subsidiaries support over 31* million individual customers, large corporates and institutional investors worldwide. The bank offers a wide range of advisory services and tailored financial solutions that rely on three complementary core businesses:
- Retail banking in France with the Societe Generale branch network, Credit du Nord and Boursorama, offering a comprehensive range of multichannel financial services at the forefront of the digital transformation;
- International retail banking, financial services and insurance with a presence in emerging economies and leading franchises and leading spacialised businesses;
- Corporate and investment banking, private banking, asset management and securities services, at the heart of economic flows between issuers and investors, with recognized expertise, top international rankings and integrated solutions.
* Rounded figures, as of 31/12/2016
To be the relationship-focused bank
Societe Generale’s ambition is to be THE relationship-focused bank, a reference in its markets, a bank close to its clients and one that is chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams. In order to make this a reality, the Group has made customer satisfaction and innovation its top priorities and is transforming its businesses and structures to improve operational efficiency.
Societe Generale’s signature –”Building team spirit together” – is more than a promise, it is a commitment to use the expertise and energy of all its employees to make sure the bank fully deserves its customers’ trust.
Societe Generale group values
Team spirit, innovation, responsibility and commitment are the core values shared by all Societe Generale employees. These values are central to our vision of a relationship-focused bank committed to serving its customers
To know more about the shared Societe Generale values
As a responsible financial services group, the fairness and integrity of our practices are at the core of our relationship-building approach. Ensuring compliance with these principles is our responsibility towards our customers. It also helps us earn their trust and protects our Group’s reputation.
To know more about how we share a culture of Compliance
Corporate Social Responsibility
Societe Generale aims to be a key player in terms of Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR). Our CSR policy involves implementing our commitments, and outlines the following strategic priorities:
- Implementing responsible finance, notably through the deployment of the Environmental and Social Guidelines in its activities as well as in its purchases;
- Its action to benefit the environment aiming at limiting global warming to 2° as well as exemplary management of its carbon footprint
The Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) policy ensures that the Group upholds each of its commitments and makes sustainable progress according to priority areas related to its global strategy.
To know more about the Group 2017 CSR report.
Environmental and social guidelines (E&S) apply to all financing and are fully in line with the Equator Principles framework which govern project finance transactions and to which Societe Generale and all the major project finance banks adhere.
Societe Generale Group is based in 66 countries, discover all the locations